The Truth about Velocity
Velocity can get you noticed,
a singular focus on velocity doesn't guarantee any more than a Minor League career!!!
Every Minor Leaguer asking for my help comes to me throwing in the low to mid 90’s without any idea where their next pitch is going to end up.
Think about this...
- The Majors are filled with professional hitters who wait for any pitcher without command to make a mistake over the plate.
- Throwing in the lower to mid-90’s without controlling where you ball will end up simply means you risk putting too many pitches over the plate too often to professional hitters.
When you play Major League G.M., would you give a pitcher who can't control their 90 mph fastball a Major League promotion?
A laser focus velocity actually shortens your baseball life...
- As you move up the baseball ladder, the hitters become more knowledgeable, more patient and more disciplined.
- As you move up the baseball ladder and you continue using your throwing arm to produce your results, your lack of control make you less and less effective.
- As you become less effective, you won't quit on baseball, baseball will quit on you.
Your velocity may get an influential baseball coach and scout out to see you, but, once there, you have no way to disguise that you can't command your pitches!
Velocity without command
makes you ordinary!
How to become extraordinary
Stop wasting your time
focusing on what you can't control.
Since you can't control your stats, stop using your stats to justify what a good pitcher you are...
- You can't control whether or not a hitter drives the pitches you place over the plate?
- You can't control a hitter smacking a ground ball between 2 infielders?
- You can't control a fielder from taking a poor first step?
- You can't control an outfielder from missing the cut-off man?
Besides, as you move up the baseball ladder, your good stats at your current level become almost impossible to duplicate at your next level.
... and begin focusing on what you can control.
- You can control your movements.
- You can use your movements to control your body's reactions.
- You can control your reactions to force your lower body to produce your command.
- You can control which pitching coach you choose to listen to.
To be truly extraordinary,
you focus on what you can control!
Lower body driven command
takes you from ordinary to extraordinary!
Your hips driving your command turns you into a premier pitching prospect!
A common sense approach isn't the answer! Common sense tells you that, by copying what you see some successful pitcher do, you'll easily produce the same results as the pitcher you're copying???
Getting your hips to produce your results is something I do and not something you can copy!!!
With your hips driving your command, instead of the periodic excellence you;re used to, you...
(1) Use your command to generate sustainable dominance.
(2) Get to the point where your Team depends upon your pitching.
(3) Invite influential baseball scouts and coaches to recognize how your lower body activity will produce sustainable results far, far into the future.
Without your lower body generating your command,
it becomes physically impossible to control your next pitch outcome.
Your hips produce your extraordinary command
Extraordinary, eye-popping command is all about your hips generating a “naturally productive release point”.
Your raw movements determine whether you (1) use your hips for command or (2) you're forced to use your throwing arm to produce your command.
- You possess a “genetic code” that reads the way your lower body impacts your current state of balance.
- To keep your body in balance, your “genetic code” uses your state of balance to make automatic adjustments to your throwing arm path.
- On every pitch, your “genetic code” reads your raw movements and brings your throwing hand through a “naturally unique release point”.
Your hip command comes from your Elite Academy movements generating a “naturally productive release point”.
- Through the skills the Academy teaches, your “genetic code” senses your lower body activity keeps your body in balance.
- Because you don't need your throwing arm for balance, your throwing arm freely reacts to your hips at your foot plant and, subsequently, delivers every pitch into your target area.
- Your only active chore becomes using your eyes to make the extremely slight throwing hand adjustments needed to deliver each pitch directly into your Catcher's mitt.
** With your hips producing your command, your motion produces your outcomes.
Your throwing arm command begins when your raw movements cause your “genetic code” to produce a “naturally unacceptable pitch result”.
- To make your next pitch result more acceptable, you change your “genetically coded” throwing arm path.
- The instant you change your natural throwing arm path you complicate how your “genetic code” is going to keep your body in balance.
- You create a conflict between (a) the path you want your throwing arm to take and (b) the path your “genetic code” wants your throwing arm path to take.
- To produce more acceptable results, you use how your last pitch performs to determine your next pitch throwing arm path!
** With your throwing arm trying to produce your command, your outcomes determine your next motion.
I read the way your “genetic code” uses your throwing arm to know how to get your hips to produce a consistently “naturally productive release point”.
Ask for my help.
Your hip-driven command enhances your current velocity.
Command and velocity enhancement go hand-in-hand.
- With your hips producing your command, the energy from your hips naturally moves up your core and out your throwing hand.
- The energy from your hips naturally increases your throwing arm speed.
- Your additional throwing arm speed added to your current velocity.
Your hip-driven command creates deception.
Every pitch looks like a fastball.
- With your throwing action becoming a reaction to your lower body activity, no matter your grip or release, your opponent sees a consistent fastball throwing arm speed.
- Unless you do something within your mound routine to tip your pitch, you eliminate your arm speed or release point from being the reason any professional pitcher can anticipate your next pitch speed or movement.
Your hip-driven command produces late ball movement.
You ball movement makes it even more difficult for hitters to make solid contact with your pitches.
- Your increased throwing arm speed also drives more energy into your pitches.
- As a consequence, your ball takes the same path into your target, but breaks much, much closer to your target.
Your hip-driven command
makes it very difficult for
any hitter, professionals included, to make solid contact with your pitches!!!
The earlier you discover how to use your hips,
the more pitching opportunities come your way.
actions symptoms talk to you. | The Elite Academy energizes your hips.